Are you in need of a professionally composed story that you would like to use for a press release, on your website, or for social media? How about an accurate and informative driver bio or About Us section for your website? Would you like some powerful copy to use for marketing purposes? You’ve come to the right place.
If you need words, she’s got ’em! Contact Kelly Wade for pricing and to arrange your project.
Press Releases – Drag Racing
Whether it’s time to announce a partnership, share your mid-season review, or simply tell your most recent story, this writer is here for it.
How it works:
• Kelly will work with you to arrange an interview over the telephone (or via email, if you prefer).
• After the interview, your story will be composed within a 10-day window.
• If you have previously participated in an NHRA national event, the writer will acquire a mid-resolution, professional image from Auto Imagery to use alongside the story.*
• Within 7-10 days, you will receive the story and image to share with your contacts who have agreed to receive such materials. You may also use the story on your personal website or social media.
• Kelly will send the press release to her list of contacts who cover drag racing news (media). In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, contact lists are confidential, exclusive to each writer, and only include individuals who have agreed to receive this type of communication via email.
When and how you pay for services:
• After the interview, you will receive an invoice for the full amount.
• Once the payment has been received via Zelle (preferred), PayPal, or Venmo, you will receive the requested story.
Please allow 7-10 days after the interview for completion of the story.
Please note: The stories found on the WinLight News homepage are not press releases. The human-interest style pieces found at WinLightNews.com, which is operated by Kelly Wade, are crafted without influence or compensation from the subjects. Press releases submitted to WinLight News may be found under the Team News tab or by clicking here.
*The cost of the professional image for a press release is already factored into the price of this writing service. Customers will also be permitted to use the photo on their personal social media, with no additional charge, through the writer’s agreement with Auto Imagery. The photo may not be used for any other purpose without direct consent from Auto Imagery.
Text or call 626.675.1679
About Kelly Wade
Kelly Wade entered the extraordinarily fast-paced and completely addictive world of drag racing as a reporter for NHRA’s National Dragster in 2007. She has also been a feature story contributor for NHRA.com, DragRace Central, and Drag Illustrated, among other esteemed publications.
WinLight Communications was founded in 2011 by Wade, and she authored Drag Racing’s Warren “The Professor” Johnson: The Cars, People & Wins Behind His Pro Stock Success in 2020.
Before re-launching WinLight News at the conclusion of 2020 as a destination for human-interest stories spotlighting the people of drag racing who devote their lives to power and speed, WinLight Communications operated as a Public Relations and Social Media firm.
Kelly’s experience in the field of public relations has included multi-year representation of NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Jerry Savoie; Funny Car drivers Johnny Gray, Dave Richards, Tommy Johnson Jr., and Tim Wilkerson; Top Fuel driver Dominick Lagana; Pro Stock drivers Shane Gray, Jonathan Gray, Lee Zane, Chris McGaha, Dave Connolly, Greg Anderson, Jason Line, and Bo Butner; and Sportsman racers Jimmy DeFrank and Kyle Cultrera.